5.20.2011

Aikido Thursday Night - 05/19/11

Aikido players:  Tim, and Troy.

Techniques:

I ran through the 8 kneeling techniques of and then the 8 standing techniques of Koryu Dai San.  It is quite annoying how I have trouble with Kote Mawashi, the first technique of the standing section.  I can not remember  the footwork.  Or, I remember it, but my feet have a disagreement with my brain and refuse to cooperate. 

I was also having trouble Ushiro Waza Tentai Kote Hineri.  I was not getting a good initial off-balance. 

I'm guessing there will be about 3 more months of piecemeal work on these before I start getting serious work on putting them all together.

After my work as tori, Troy did some work as tori as we ran through 1-14 of Ju Nana Hon Kata both sides.  He did quite well, considering that he worked with me as an uke
 
Aftermath:

None of note.

0 comments: