5.03.2011

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 04/30/11

Aikido players:  Tim, Brad, and Dan..

Ukemi:

Set of 12 falls.I still need to find some time to re-work my left-side big falls.

The Walk:

Twice, per usual.


Releases:

With Brad.  We spent the usual amount of time on the releases.  He picked up on the changes necessary to deal with my size a bit quicker than usual.

Techniques:

We spent most of the evening on 6-10 of Ju Nana Hon Kata with Brad as tori.  But, we got a fair amount of time in with 1-3 of Ju Nana Hon Kata with Dan as tori, too. 

Brad still needs to relax on the techniques, he's still to stuff and attempting to use too much muscle.

Dan's doing pretty well on the techniques we've introduced him to.

Aftermath:

On one of my warm-up rolls, I noticed a little something in my left hip.  It appears, several days down the road, to have been a tweak of my bike fall bruise of several months ago.

0 comments: