5.30.2011

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 5/28/11

Aikido players:  Tim, Troy, Brad, and Dan.


Tim, Troy and I got there about 1-1/2 hours ahead of the regular class.  The ARMA folks were not using their time, so we took advantage.

Ukemi:

I worked on my big falls on the left side.  It looks like it wasn't my problem, but some issues with tori

The Walk:

Twice, as usual, during the regular class, with Dan.

Releases:

During the regular class, I worked with Dan.  We spent quite a bit of time on the 5th release, but we did make it through all releases.

Techniques:

During the pre-class, I ran through the first 24 techniques of Koryu Dai San.  This includes the kneeling, standing, and defense against a knife.

#9 - Kote Mawashi - We made a change so that I'm locking uke's wrist to my gi palm out instead of palm in.

#15 - Ushiro Waza Tentai Kote Hineri - I should be doing this with the "street version" takedown instead of the Ju Nana Hon Kata takedown.

#22 - Kote Gaeshi - We're making the entry for this one to be my style of entry as per the HJu Nana Kote Gaeshi.

During the regular class I was watching Brad and Dan work together on Ju Nana Hon Kata.

Aftermath:

I was beat and stiff.

0 comments: