3.06.2011

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 3/5/11

Aikido players:  Tim, Trey, Brad, Dan, Marvin and Gayle.  The biggest crowd we've had in a while

Ukemi:  Light ukemi.  I then helped Marvin with his rolls

The Walk: Twice, as usual.

Releases: I worked with Dan, while Trey worked with Brad.  We spent a long time on them as it had been a while since Dan had been able to attend a class.

Techniques:

I worked with Dan on 1-3 of Ju Nana Hon Kata.  He did amazingly well considering how long he'd been gone away.  We struggled a bit with the eye flash for Gyakugamae-ate, but that will come soon enough.

Tim had Trey work on 5-9 of Owaza Ju Pon.  Trey's a glutton, so he's going to be doing them on both sides for his next demonstration.  So, we worked on them on both sides this afternoon.  After those, Trey wanted to do 1, 3 and 4 from Owaza Ju Pon on the right side.  Tim then had him do #2, both sides, as the final technique for Trey's workout.

Ter\\rey then declared that I had to do some of my kote gaeshi variants that I had been working on recently.  There are several in Yon Kata, mainly Juji garami nage, and Ushiro waza kote gaeshi.  After some minor struggles, I managed to do passably well with them.  Trey then decided that I had to do #2 from Owaza Ju Pon, as well, for my last technique of the evening.

Aftermath:

Tired.  Judo candy was a necessity.

0 comments: