2.28.2007

Video issues

I've had some troubles with my video camera recently. When recording new video, it looks like it's recording properly. When I replay it, there are about 8 horizontal equally sized and distributed stripes on the video. Half of them are from the video I just recorded, half of them are from the video that was previously on the tape.

This has happened on several tapes, in several circumstances.

All of these tapes are tapes I received with the camera, when I bought it used. I have no idea how old they actually are.

So, I went out and bought a new supply of tapes last night on the way home from volleyball. I tested the new tapes by making a short recording and then I recorded over part of that recording. It seemed to work.

The real test will be tonight when I try to get the final bit of footage for the Bob Rea seminar DVD at the dojo. I've wondered if the change in environment for the camera (e.g., no humidity to high humidity) is a cause for the issue.

Another potential cause is the recording head on the camera is misaligned or needs cleaning.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the final bit of footage tonight.

0 comments: