3.01.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 2/28

Aikidokas: Tim, and Oliver.

Ukemi: ok. Took some big falls. Worked on popping up on some. Must try not to dive on the big falls, it causes a landing on the upper back as opposed to the entire body.

We were expecting Joey to show up, so we skipped the walk and releases and went straight to techniques. This would give Oliver and I some time to work together on our Nikkyu techniques. Joey did not show up, unfortunately.

Techniques:

Kote-hineri : I'm sure there were tweaks for this one, but I can't remember them at the moment

Kote-gaeshi : Worked at one-step distance. Must cause uke to lean backwards as I'm rotating around with the second off-balance. Must throw down the line uke wants to fall. Must wait for uke.

I need to remember how Stanley got me to fall on this one. We were working on an approach that would have me take a safety fall, instead of the big fall, with Oliver. There's got to be an adjustment I'm not thinking of.

Tenkai-kote-hineri : Small steps. Must take small steps

Shiho-nage : At third off-balance, tori must be in neutral position. the allows proper footwork for the takedown and control.

Aftermath: About an hour and a half working on four techniques. Phew.

0 comments: