3.08.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 3/7

Aikidokas: Tim.

Carla was chewing the fat with Sensei Ray. If everyone had been on the mat it would have been a Hachidan, a Shichidan and a Rokudan beating up on a Sankyu. Still, I had my hands full with the Rokudan :)

Ukemi: ok. Took some big falls. Worked on popping up on some. At John's suggestion, I'm trying to "project" my arm out for ukemi to make it easier to pop up. Not sure if it's working, but it's worth trying.

The Walk: one regular and one with a silent count.

Releases: with Tim. Hand was getting out of center today for some reason.

Techniques:

Kote-hineri : First off-balance. Must get first off-balance.

Tenkai-kote-hineri : First off-balance. Must get first off-balance.

Shiho-nage : First off-balance. Must get first off-balance. Anyone sensing a pattern here? Anyone? Anyone?

Hand randori: Had a number of educational moments this evening. Push out and under when held in a kote grip. Or, you can pull in and react with a shomen strike. I'm sure there were others, but they've looked through the sieve I call a brain.

Aftermath: None of note.

0 comments: