3.18.2007

Saturday Morning at the Dojo 3/17

Aikidokas: Tim.

Ukemi: Not bad. Did some faster work on big falls, in addition to the normal warm-up falls. In essence, you throw a punch at tori and he throws you with either sumiotoshi or kote-gaeshi with no advance warning. I did fairly well. I think it may have done some spinal adjustment as I felt a little off in the back a while later.

I've been told I need to start working on the ukemi for Hiki-otoshi.

The Walk: as usual. I need to get a slightly wider base, create a circle with the moving foot and snap my hips into place.

Releases: Worked with Tim. He did some unusual response to my release to see how I reacted. After a couple of tries, I was doing okay.

Techniques: worked with Tim. I think the most interesting thing we worked on was responses to stopped techniques. If a technique does not work (uke responds differently than you expect), another off-balance and technique will appear. Man is a bipedal creature and, as such, is moving from one off-balanced state to another. Tori's task is to find the off-balance.

Aftermath: None of note other than the "off" feeling in the back.

The screws seem to be holding the sheetrock in place. the plumber has been called out to check for a continuing/new leak.

0 comments: