2.22.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 2/21

Aikidokas: Tim, Oliver, and Joey.

Ukemi: ok. Took some big falls.

The Walk: as usual. Then we did it again after Joey bowed in.

Releases: Worked with Oliver.

Techniques: We worked in a blum-line. We managed to get through the first three techniques in the blum-line (that should probably be a proper case noun). Spent a bit of time getting Joey to work on my height differential, where my off-balance point is and how to get it without having my momentum plow through his center.

Oliver and I did some work on Kote-gaeshi. We did not manage to get a throw on each other. I was dropping my hand and not letting Oliver tell me where he wanted to be thrown. It's amazing (not!) how much of a difference Oliver's additional mass makes.

Monday I was told that if I did the throws against Oliver the way I did them against Stanley, Oliver would be flying out the dojo. It's apparent that I did not manage to duplicate my execution of the technique as I did on Monday. Oliver barely moved. I did get one almost throw, but I was not quite going along the line of his fourth toe. More work is required.

Ac had to be turned on in the dojo. Humidity was way up today.

Aftermath: Still achey knees. Got home to watch Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars. Video work this evening now that I've got a new hard drive with which to process the tapes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try to get back on the mat next week. My ankle is stiff and painfull with or without the brace, so why sit around. Isn't aikido amazing? One day you are unbeatable, the next is like walking into the dojo for the first time.