2.06.2007

Monday Night at the Dojo 2/5

Aikidokas: Randy, Martin, John, Stanley, and Kim.

Ukemi: Not bad.

The Walk: nothing unusual.

Releases: Worked with John.

Techniques: with Martin.

Kotehineri: went ok.

Kote-gaeshi: Did a couple each side. I'm getting a throw about 50% of the time and figuring out what I did wrong 4 out of 5 times when I don't get the throw.

Tenkai-kote-hineri: Spent a fair bit of time on this one, working on the 3rd off-balance. I need to bend the knees but keep the arms unbendable.

Shiho-nage: Didn't even think about the Randy-knuckle. D'oh. Just did this a couple of times.

Hand Randori: Worked with Martin, Randy and Stanley. I don't realize I'm muscling when folks tell me I'm muscling. Must work lighter. Need a lot more time working on this. Maybe by Sandan I'll be decent. Maybe not.

Aftermath: Still taking an Aleve equivalent for the shoulder.

0 comments: