2.08.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 2/7

Aikidokas: Tim, Rob, Oliver, Joey and Michael (Rob's step-son and new aikidoka).

Ukemi: ok. Got some comments on the pop-up rolls.

The Walk: per usual

Releases: Worked with Tim.

Techniques: Worked with Rob and Joey.

1-5 with Rob: Continuing our study of working with people our own height. We're getting better. It's taking us less time to recognize that the first off-balances are the key.

1-4 with Joey: It looked like he was doing well with Oliver so, while folks were helping Michael, I uke'd for Joey. He did amazingly well handling the height difference. Rougher on the left side than the right, but that's normal. He threw me on a Gyakugamae-ate that I wasn't expecting and I was close enough to the ground already that I didn't have time to get my chin tucked enough.

Aftermath: None of note. Stopping the Aleve.

0 comments: