7.23.2011

Lunching out - Magnolia Cafe and Bakery

A new restaurant opened up within walking distance of the office this week - Magnolia Cafe and Bakery.  It was too good of an opportunity to pass up, so I went there for my Friday lunch.

It's a nice open place with a number of tables.  They appear to plan for lots of folks stopping by and picking up dinners for heating up at home, according to their menu.  They've got a bunch of sandwiches, soups and desserts.  They may also have an entree or two, but the one they had listed yesterday didn't seem like an entree.  I don't remember what it was, though.

I ordered the quiche combo.  A ham quiche with a cup of tortilla soup, a glass of apricot tea and a slice of coconut cake.  The tea and tortilla soup were quite nice, with a nice amount of spice in the soup.  The quiche was awfully bland, but the crust was well done.  The cake was pretty good, not terribly sweet (except for the icing), but seemed just a touch dry.

My meal came to about $13, I believe.  A decent value.  I'm certain I will be returning and trying out more items.  Below is the picture of the meal I had.

0 comments: