7.26.2010

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 07/24/10

Aikidokas: Tim, Brad, Troy, Dan, and Brent.

Ukemi: I got  a partial warm-up set in.  The bike bruise is still making its presence felt.  I mainly help Brent work on his rolls.  He had some moments of discovery, but I'm still struggling with how to help him roll better.

The Walk: Twice. 

Releases: Worked with Dan and Brent.  I'd tori for both of them, then uke for both of them and then have them uke for each other.  We got through the 4th release.

Techniques:

I had both Dan and Brent run through the punch the dummy drill for a little bit.  Dan did ok.  Brent still needs a little more intent.

The three of us did a little sideline learning as Troy was working on Ushiro-ate.  He did fairly well.  Then I jumped in and uked for him.  On one repitition, he did not deflect me quite enough and my palm glanced off the top of his forehead.  Thet's the first time, that I can recall, that I've hit someone with an attach on Ushiro.  I'm glad he deflected my hand partially, or he would have had a bloody nose.

Aftermath: None of note.

0 comments: