4.08.2012

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 4/7/2012

Aikido players: Tim, Trey, Troy, Brad, Dan, and Reese

Ukemi:

Got a partial set of rolls in. Supervised Reese for a bit.

The Walk:

Twice, as usual.

Releases:

Supervised Dan and Brad.

Techniques:

I worked on Oshi-taoshi with Dan and Brad at separate times. Had to state firmly that th working hand gets removed from the elbow once tori has gone over-the-mountain. Shortly after stating that, Dan stumbled while doing the technique which, if he'd not removed his hand from my elbow would have destroyed my elbow.

Troy, Trey and I did some work at the end of class. I worked on the releases techniques of Yon Kata with both of them as ukes. It really is a fun set of techniques when it's working at speed. Trey did some work on Owaza Ju Pon. It took him a bit to get used to working with Troy again and get his timing down, but he really got flowing by the end of the afternoon.

Aftermath:

Very, very sore. Going to need some ibu.

0 comments: