10.15.2010

Aikido Thursday Night - 10/14/10

Aikidoka:  Tim, Troy


Techniques:

We spent some time working on the defensive Jo techniques.  Apparently there are 5 of them.

1. Gyaku

2. Shomen-ate
3. Lo-otoshi
4. Row boat
5. Hi-otoshi

I'm certain that these are not the actual names of the techniques.  I'll have to find them at some point.

I got the general idea, and was able to execute the techniques, but was at about 60 or 70 percent of where I'd like to be on consistency.  There was a wide variability of how I managed the initial off-balance and managed gake.  This was noticeable most on Shomen-ate where I tended to bend my elbow too much.  It was also noticeable on "hi otoshi" where, if I mucked up the initial off-balance, I would not be able to get a hold of the jo with my right hand to complete the technique.

We then did a little work with Troy as uke for Aigamae-ate at 3 step distance.  It went well.

Aftermath: None of note.

0 comments: