6.18.2009

Two more stained glass projects

I've got a family reunion coming up in a few weeks. One of the things we do, to pay for the hall and other expenses, is hold a silent auction. There are usually canned goods from gardens and various other items. I usually put in a pen or bottle stopper that I've turned on the lathe.

This year, I think I'll put in a bottle stopper, a box I've recently made, and two stained glass pieces. One will be a Texas state flag and the other will be the Czech flag.

Here are the states of the projects

Texas

Done - Design the pattern
Done - Cut out the pattern pieces
Done - Cut out the glass pieces
Done - Grind the glass pieces smooth
Done - Foil the glass pieces
TBD - Solder the pieces
TBD - Solder the zinc border
TBD - Patina the entire thing

Czech

Done - Design the pattern
Done - Cut out the pattern pieces
Done - Cut out the glass pieces
Done - Grind the glass pieces smooth
TBD - Foil the glass pieces
TBD - Solder the pieces
TBD - Solder the zinc border
TBD - Patina the entire thing

I should be able to get both pieces soldered tonight. If that happens, I might be able to do the patina as well.

I hope they generate interest in the silent auction, they've got about $70 worth of glass in each of them. I'll post pictures when they're done.

0 comments: