1.24.2009

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 1/24/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Kim, Trey, Tom, and Keith.

Ukemi: Normal set of ukemi warmups.

The Walk: Not for me today

Releases: Not for me today

Techniques:

Ju Nana Hon Kata

Worked with Trey and Kim on Kote gaeshi. I probably attacked 150 or 200 times this afternoon. We made great progress on this and both folks were starting to really clue in on the technique.

Owaza Ju Pon

No work on this today

Koryu Dai San No Kata

I ran through the first four of these today. Tweaks were necessary on the first (Oshi taoshi), third (Kote gaeshi) and fourth. I did half decently, though

Aftermath: Sore, sore, sore. And I bet I'll have a bruise on my right hand where tori's thumbs go for Kote gaeshi.

A good afternoon. I was absolutely wrung out at the end.

0 comments: