1.04.2009

Aikido Friday Night - 1/02/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Greg, and Trey.

Ukemi: Normal set, I did take a couple of big falls with some extra padding out.

The Walk: Not tonight

Releases: not tonight.

Techniques:

We played with some knew approaches to learning randori. We don't do much work with randori because we don't have a well-developed way to teach it.

We play with various attacks and flowing with uke and seeing what techniques turned up.

I worked with Greg a bit and did something weird and tweaked my back.

Aftermath: Sore back. I'm out for a bit. Maybe until just next weekend.

1 comments:

Poxbox said...

Hi Scott,

I wasn't sure if you are staying in Boston or just nearby. If for some reason you don't want to trek out to Salem you could always hit New England Aikikai. There are a couple of other aikido dojo's not in the USAF in the area. Lots of good aikido everywhere.

I would suggest you shoot a quick email to the dojos to verify their schedule (including Salem).

Feel free to contact me directly at my hotmail address.