1.12.2009

Aikido Friday Night - 1/9/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Brad, and Tom.

Ukemi: The usual set. Pulled out another mat and took some big falls from Tim

The Walk: As usual. Did some extra work with Tom on a couple of the moves.

Releases: with Tom. Showed him the final four. He'd seen the video of the releases that we have on our site and had been lost. I hope that actually doing the releases will help to make the video more useful.

Techniques:

Ju Nana Hon Kata

I did some work with Trey on kote-gaeshi. Working on the off-balances, the height of his hands and the positionings thereof to cause the throw. Trying to reduce the wrist crank. He did manage to throw me a couple of times.

Owaza Ju Pon

Ushiro ate: Get the initial off balance. Separate centers at the end.

Kote-gaeshi: Just need more work

Shihonage: Retreat with right foot: fade-away. Don't push too much. That will cause uke to spin into you.

Koryu Dai San No Kata

No work on this today

Aftermath: My back was not too bad, it didn't impact me, really. Considering that it was Wednesday before I could get out of a chair without needing to use my arms to help, that's great.

We had a couple of visitors today. Two guys studying kinesiology at the local junior college. Two new body types for us to deal with. Fun, if the come back and join us.

0 comments: