10.04.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 10/3

Aikidokas: Sensei Randy, and Trey

Ukemi: Just backfalls for me. The mat was calling to me for forward rolls. It's damn tough to resist the siren's call.

The Walk: as usual.

Releases: I worked with Trey on releases all evening. We made it through all 8 releases. Randy had me doing instructing. I'm not terribly confident, but I'm trying to pick up instructional tidbits Randy throws in from time to time.

Aftermath: None of note. 3 therapy sessions to go. One today.

2 comments:

dianaschnuth said...

I've been enjoying reading through your aikido entries! Makes me realize that I just need to get into the dojo and practice. Sometimes I forget that the feeling of not knowing what I'm doing is part of the reason I do aikido. It's good for me. :-)

Can you explain something, though? What is The Walk? That's not something we do at my dojo, from what I can tell.

dianaschnuth said...

Thanks for the link to the Walk video. It's interesting to see what other dojos do, and to see the differences between Shobu Aikido (what I practice) and other families of aikido. Tomiki Aikido is the family of aikido that is competitive, yes?

My sensei recently posted some videos on YouTube -- snippets of his teachings in one class in particular so far. There's not much there yet, but I'll send you to his videos, in case you're interested in comparing styles. :-)