10.04.2007

Layout changes

I've added some items to the sidebar and I'm looking around for new templates for the blog. I might change it to 3 column, not quite sure, or I might leave it as is.

If the new widgets slow the load down let me know and I'll think about removing them.

One of the widgets I've added is a photo widget from goodwidgets. I've used two of their widgets on the site at the moment, one for aikido photos and one for wildflower photos. They were a breeze to set up and, if you know how to copy/paste into blog templates, add them to the blog. They've got a section in the configure widget screen that is supposed to make it easy to add a widget to a blog/facebook site, but the times I tried it it just sat there spinning and never came up with a selection of sites to choose from.

Still they've got some nice stuff for free and low cost. They've got a promotion going to get upgrades to the pro versions of two of the widgets if you write a review. That's what inspired this post. I wouldn't write this, or use the widgets, if I didn't like them. They've got an aspect to improve that I don't need, but other folks probably will.

Take my recommendation for what you will.

0 comments: