10.09.2007

Monday Night at the Dojo 10/8

Aikidokas: Randy, and Trey

The Walk: as usual. Trey's catching on pretty quickly.

Ukemi: No rolls yet.

Releases: more work with Trey. I'm a little iffy on being uke on a couple of them, right-sided. They stretch out the offending ligament quickly, and it's not too happy sometimes.

Techniques:

We did more work on shomen-ate. I actually tori'd a couple of times and it went ok. Trey's making improvements. It usually takes a couple of sessions to actually achieve gake on this technique, but he's getting close.

Aftermath: none of note. Shoulder is very quirky from time-to-time, so it may be longer than I'd hope to start rolls again.

It was my wedding anniversary, but Kim told me to go to the dojo.

1 comments:

uchi deshi said...

Don't rush the rolls. I separated my shoulder and kept going to class, but I wouldn't roll for a long time!