10.25.2007

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 10/24

Aikidokas: Randy Trey

The Walk: Arm's slowly improving on the previously troublesome second arm "stone". We did one rep per usual and one rep elevated on the balls of our feet. Very strange and it had my body continue to stay up on the balls of my feet for quite some time.

Ukemi: Still no rolls.

Releases: as usual

Bokken: I brought some newspaper, so we did some cuts on sheets of newspaper. My forearms were quite sore from Monday's experiment. I didn't realize it until I attempted to end the cuts during our exercises.

Techniques:

I worked on Shomen-ate, Gyakugamae-ate, Aigamae-ate, and Ushiro-ate with Trey as tori and uke. Randy filled in as uke from time-to-time.

I then worked on Hikiotoshi for a bit with Randy as uke. We did the roll-out finish instead of the big fall finish. We'll continue that path until my uke's are confident of my ability and think it's safe to do the big fall.

Aftermath: sore legs and arms.

0 comments: