4.03.2011

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 4/2/11

Aikido players:  Tim, Trey, Troy, Dan, Marvin, and Gayle.

Ukemi:  Set of 6 falls.  I only did right-sided as there's a painful spot on my right heel at the moment.  Trey and I also helped Gayle with some introductory backfalls on our very cushy crash pad.

The Walk: Twice, as usual.  

Releases: I worked with Gayle on the releases .  We worked on 1-4 on both sides.  She seemed fairly comfortable with the motions by the end our work on them.  If she's the same next week, we'll work on 5-8.

Techniques:

I worked with Dan on Gyakugamae-ate for quite a long time.  I probably took 50 falls on each side.  Very slow falls.  So, I would hang out in a crouch while he transitioned from the eye flash to the control of the head.  That gave my quadriceps quite a workout, and my arms, too.

Then I did some defensive Jo work with Trey: Gyakugamae Ate, Shomen Ate, Hishigi, Renraku Waza Hiji Hishigi, Irimi Mae Otoshi.  I think I did ok.

Trey then had me do a left-sided Kata Otoshi from Owaza Ju Pon.  I nailed it on the third try.  He also had me throw him with a guruma.  I chose Kubi Guruma and nailed it on the first try and, if I do say so myself, I think it was gorgeous, at least from my vantage point.

Aftermath:

Painful, colorful middle toe on my left foot and very sore muscles.

0 comments: