9.02.2008

In the shop

Back in the shop over the holiday weekend, working on the last set of cabinets for the shop. The only big thing I'll have left is the assembly/table saw outfeed table, and I really need to work on that soon. It's a pain working with sheets of plywood without it.

Sunday, I made the big cuts and glued-up the middle divider. Left that to sit overnight. Assembly needed that to be ready, so I was done for the day.

Monday, I came in and started making dadoes. I was too rambunctious and did think properly think through the measurements I made. Result: a worthless middle divider.

So, I had to re-cut the components and glue the thing up again. I waited a few hours and then worked on the dadoes, hoping the joint had dried enough. The dadoes came out where they needed to be this time, so I was able to glue up one half of the cabinet.

It's now sitting in the shop, waiting for me to get home tonight to glue up the other half.

Tomorrow I should be able to put all of the units in their places and contemplate face frames.

0 comments: