9.29.2008

Aikido Friday Night - 9/26/08

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, and C. (a new student).

Ukemi: No big falls.

The Walk: Went ok.

Releases: With Trey.

Techniques:

Trey and I worked on 1-5 for each of us and then 6-10 for him and #6 for me.

Relearning Shomen-ate and working on Aigamae-ate (left-sided) occupied most of my time as tori. I'm at a bit of a plateau with those techniques at the moment.

I'm also having to correct some footwork on Oshi-taoshi.

Trey did fairly well. He made a bit of a verbal mistake that I found hilarious. We'd finished up his techniques for the evening and were getting some water before continuing on. He thought he'd done fairly well, and he had, and he said "It would have been really good if I'd had a trained uke." Now, I'd been his uke all evening so I cracked up laughing. I knew what he meant, somehow, and knew it wasn't intended as an insult.

I still don't feel I'll be ready for Shodan demonstration anytime soon.

Aftermath: It's great to have another student on the mat.

0 comments: