6.30.2006

Thursday Night at the Dojo 6/29

Attendees: Raj, Keith, Robert, Sheila, Oliver and Kim (my lovely and talented spouse).

Ukemi: Left side was a little off again tonight.

Releases: Worked with Sheila. The vast, and I do mean vast, height differential (she's 5'0" and I'm 6'5") made this an interesting experiment. A lot of things have to be tweaked for the differences.

Techniques: Spent some of the time introducing my wife to the footwork for Shomen-ate. Fraught with dangerous possibilites.

Spent the rest of the time ukeing for Oliver on Shomen-ate. He showed marked improvement by the end of the evening and managed to throw me 3 times on the right side. We spent less time on the left side, but that's per usual. He's trying overcome TKD training and the footwork associated therewith.

Aftermath: I forgot about the big toe drag I had on a Shomen-ate on Wednesday. It really wrenched the toe. Walking without the support of a shoe adds a little pain to my life. On the mat it was ok, thankfully. Also discovered 3 bruises on my forearms. More than likely they are the result of Ushiro-ate work on Wednesday. Nothing else is likely to cause them.

Kim's aching all over apparently.

tag :

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D Just to answer your question, I sign up as a member of Aikido Shinju-Kai