6.20.2006

Monday Night at the Dojo 6/19

Attendees: Sensei Randy, Keith, and Stanley.

Another different night at the dojo.

Ukemi: left side was a little off, but not too bad.

We started with the Walk facing into the center of the mat. Then we did another cycle, facing 90 degrees to the right of the center.

The rest of the evening was spent in multiples: everyone against the man in the middle. I think I'll probably shorten that to MITM if we do it again.

The first cycle was defending against strikes and grabs. Mind-blowing stuff even when you know who's attacking next.

The second cycle added knives (rubber) into the mix. I always got cut. OR would have if they had been real knives.

The third cycle, I think, was more of a free-for-all style. Attackers attacked in no certain order, as soon as the previous attacker was engaged the next attacker could start his attack. Once I got a feel for it, I really liked using ushiro-ate when I could.

We ended the evening with some hand randori. I did not do well in that. Maybe showing lack of exposure, or maybe brain fry from the rest of the evening.

Aftermath: Sweat. Lots of it.

tags :

0 comments: