6.06.2006

College memory

One of my profs at college told a story about an exam he gave to one of his classes. This was a calculus class, probably 3rd semester calculus.

There were 10 questions on the exam.

All of them multiple choice, with 5 choices.

All of the answers to the exam were "E".

All of the answers to the exam were "None of the above"

Would that, or would that not freak you out?

You're happily going along, figuring out the answer to the first question. You're pretty sure you've got it right and look at the available answers. Hmmmm. It's not on there. Ah, a "None of the above", cool. I'll mark that.

Second question. You're happily going along, figuring out the answer to the first question. You're pretty sure you've got it right and look at the available answers. Hmmmm. It's not on there. I wonder if I'm doing this right? (go back and check first question) (go back and check second question)

etc., etc.

I'd be a basket-case.

tags : :::

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like something that our math teacher would do. As a joke to his geometry students for the "final" he gave them a blank piece of paper and told them that the final was to write down all the theorems/ postulates/ corollaries in the book. 200 pt final and 1 pt off for each one they missed. 15 minutes into class he gave them their real final. they were spazzing for 15 minutes for no reason. i laughed.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't bother me a bit. I was so clueless in college that I probably wouldn't have noticed the pattern until I finished.