6.13.2006

Monday Night at the Dojo 6/12

Attendees: Randy, Keith, and Robert.

Spent some time with Randy, working on releases.

We spent a good portion of the evening working on getting me ready for my demonstration - still no set date. Keith and Robert were uke for me to work on techniques 1 - 5. Keith was uke for left side and Robert for the right. Then they'd switch the side the uke'd for. I think I ran through each technique three times on each side. I had a little trouble dealing with Robert, as there is a large height difference between us. I had trouble with him on Gedan-ate and Agamai-ate.

I think we did it twice going from 1 to 5 and once going from 5 to 1.

We spent the last little bit of the session doing some hand randori. Trying to change my thinking from trying to spot techniques to trying to spot releases.

Aftermath: Nothing of note.

tags :

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really spelled it wrong? but but but... i DOUBLE CHECKED the spelling b/c didn't that guy spell your name wrong on the book he wrote or something????

uchi deshi said...

Hi, Thanks for your link to my blog. I'm glad to discovery another aikido blog, and will link to you. Keep up the good work.