6.01.2006

Rain.

It rained most of yesterday.

I was awakened around 4:10 am to the sound of serious rainfall. When I got outside to go to work, our 5" capacity rain gauge was full, so I emptied it. The roads on the way to work weren't too bad, although there were a couple of places with water standing at the curb.

It rained while I was at work, and when I got home, the rain gauge read 1.5". When I left to go to aikido at 6pm, it read 4.5". 3" in about 2 hours.

Most of Houston received around 4" of rain. It appears the Friendswood area took the brunt of the rainfall. We needed it.

It has rained some today, but not nearly as much as it did yesterday.

Mosquitoes should be enjoying this. sigh.

tag :

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. it's raining here. a lot. and it has been VERY humid the past few days. as in 66% and 93% humidity.... and then it rained. but our air conditioning doesn't work. so i think that everyone is sleeping in the basement. MY idea. hehehe. i just saw lightening.