4.20.2006

Wednesday Night at the Dojo

Attendees: Sensei Tim, John, Robert, Keith, and Stanley.

Ukemi: did fairly well on both sides, better on the left this time. Dinged my shoulder a bit on the right, especially when I did an assisted roll. Ouch. John was going to work with me more, but I decided my shoulder'd had enough for the night.

The Walk: We skipped it. I think Sensei forgot because he wanted to get to Bakwas.

Bakwas : Worked with Robert on 1, 2a, 2b and 3. I had a really nice start to 2a (I think) once while John was ukeing for me. 2a starts off with a second release, flows into a fifth release and then goes into techniques 6, 7, 8 and 9. I did a decent second and fifth release and I timed the 6th technique perfectly. If I'd wanted to throw him on hit, he would have gone rolling off the mat. It was sweeeeet.

Aftermath: We ran about 15 minutes longer than we normally do. Had to stop for gas on the way home ($75 for a fill-up), so I didn't make it home until 10pm. Then stayed up to watch "Veronica Mars". Oh, and ibuprofen for the right shoulder.

tag :

0 comments: