4.13.2006

Wednesday Night at the Dojo

Attendees: Sensei Tim, John, Keith, Rob (black belt, not sure what dan), and Stanley.

Ukemi: did fairly well on both sides. I think I did about 8 on each side. On the last on the right hand side, I collapsed my elbow and decided to stop then, before I started hurting myself.

The Walk: Went okay, second was less smooth than the first. Sensei moved me around while everyone else was doing it eyes closed.

Bakwas : Did a couple with Sensei. Not nearly as mind blowing as in the past. Also uke'd some for Keith and Stanley so they could attempt it on "Brahma Bull".

Shomen-ate: Worked with Rob on this. Attempted it until I got a couple decent ones on each side. Took about 8 attempts on each side.

Agemai-ate: Worked with Rob on this. Attempted it until I got a couple decent ones on each side. Took about 8 attempts on each side.

Gyakugamea-ate: Worked with Rob on this. This went better than the previous two. I'm certain that it's because the first part of this one is the same as the first two.

Gedan-ate: Worked with Rob on this. Position of the off-hand needs to be in front and above me as opposed to straight above me. Still, I managed a few throws with this even though technique needs lots of work.

Aftermath: No real problems. No painkillers needed.

tag :

0 comments: