3.16.2006

Wednesday Night at the Dojo

Attendees: Sensei Tim, John, Keith, Stanley, young Robert (brown belt) and Chuck.

Ukemi (forward rolls): both sides without the crash pad. Still having problems with the left side. sigh. I wonder if I'll ever mange these.

The Walk: Went okay.

Releases: 1 through 8 with John. Good detail work.

Shomen-ate: Worked with John on this. More repetitions = good. I don't remember any problems with this one. Maybe because John is so close to my height?

Agemai-ate: Worked with John on this.

Gyakugamea-ate: Worked with John on this. Back of hand to eyes. I was a little to forceful with one hand, so John showed me what it felt like. Ouch.

Gedan-ate: Worked with John on this. Attempted a few throws on both sides. It went ok. Far too many things to do at once.

Ushiro-ate: Worked with John on this. Got some good falls with this one. Footwork's interesting.

Aftermath: A little soreness in the neck, shoulder and a tweaked groin muscle. Ibuprofen is good. Maybe I didn't stretch as thoroughly as I should?

tag :

0 comments: