8.03.2012

Lunching out: Coastal Crossing

I ended my workday on Friday around noon by stopping off in Alvin at the Coastal Crossing Grill. It used to be the Barbed Rose, but the owners reincarnated the restaurant. I'd wanted to make it down to the Barbed Rose, but never managed to do so. Short and to the point: good, but a little far to be able to go there and make it back to work as it's about a 30 minute drive.

The place was not very busy, and I was welcomed and seated immediately. The decor was nice, but I spent most of my time working Sudoku and crosswords so can't describe it well.

The menu ranges from sandwiches and po-boys to fried chicken and steaks. I chose the pecan-crusted chicken with a side of mac & cheese. The waitress tried to convince me to get the sauce on the side of the chicken, saying a number of folks did not like it and she did not want to have to replace my order. I declined that option. When the order came, the sauce was a very mild mustard-based sauce. I can't imagine too many folks having an issue with it. Both the chicken and the mac were good dishes.

I order the Pecan Pie for dessert. I suspect it's not a restaurant made dish. I was not impressed.

I've waited too long to write this up, so I've forgotten how much the lunch cost me. I suspect it was about $18.


Coastal Crossing Grill on Urbanspoon

0 comments: