1.30.2012

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 1/28/2012

Aikido players: Tim, Trey, Brad, Steve and Reese (a new student)

Ukemi:

Partial set. I also did some work with Steve on back falls.

The Walk:

I spent a good portion of the day working with Steve to get all 11 sections of the Walk, footwork only, completed. We'll add hand motions next time, I hope.

Releases:

I started to teach Steve the first release, but some other basics need to be addressed first.

Techniques:

We almost got to the punch the dummy drill with Steve, but ran out of time.

Trey and I worked on the 14 release techniques of Yon Kata for me. We then worked on the first nine of the standing portion of San Kata for him.

WD-40 and Marine Jelly were required to knock off all of the rust.

Aftermath:

None of note.

0 comments: