11.13.2009

Nutcracker market

K. and I went to the Nutcracker Market at the Reliant Center in Houston. This is a money raising venture for the Houston Ballet and we'd never been.

I'd glanced through the paper yesterday morning, saw it was running yesterday and that we could get in for half price after 5 p.m. Given the fact that There was no way we could get there before 5, that was perfect. I thought it would be a good outing for us and her parents, but the parents declined.

We got there about 5:30 and shopped for a couple of hours.

Paul Michael took up about one third of the space used for imported Christmas decorations. There were a bunch of places with jellies, jams, and sauces. We bought 5 jars of marinara sauce made by a local Italian ladies' group. It's annually praised by a write for the Houston Chronicle, so I had to give it a try. Most of the jars are for gifts.

We bought a few other things and stumbled across some Tupelo Honey. After listening to the Van Morrison song over the years, I had to try some. It was great! We ended up getting the vendors small bottle. It's a very light colored honey with a mild flavor. I'm looking forward to a breakfast in which I can use it.

0 comments: