11.09.2009

Aikido Friday Night - 11/06/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Kim, Tom, and Sal.

Ukemi: I did a full warm-up, with a big fall.

The Walk: Twice, as usual.

Releases: None

Techniques:

I the evening working with Trey. We spent most of the evening working on the garuma throws from Owaza Ju Pon: Kube Garuma, Ude Garuma, and Hiji Garuma. We worked on the off-balances at first and once I got confident with his approach on the techniques, I was ready to take the big fall if he got everything right. We did about 5 big falls on each of the throws worked in around 30 to 40 of the off-balance falls.

Trey was then my uke to work on Kata Otoshi. My key points on this are the timing and getting far enough off-line that my arm will not collapse.


Aftermath: None, immediately, of note. I was sore Sunday from all of the falls.

0 comments: