11.30.2009

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 11/28/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, and Tom.

Ukemi: I did the usual warm-up no air falls. Led Trey through some air falls.

The Walk: Twice, as usual.

Releases: Uked for Tom

Techniques:

We tried to work Tom through 1-5 of Ju Nana. We made through number 3. Trey and I would alternate serving as uke. I think he made some great strides.

Treay and I then did some work on Owaza Ju Pon.

Kubi-garumu - this went fairly well

Kata-otoshi - we spent a lot of time on this with Trey. It is the most sensitive of the techniques of Owaza Ju Pon.

Aiki-nage - You must keep uke close and in an arm bar.

Shiho-nage - I can never remember the footwork for this one. I *may* have it down now though. Left back, right back, pivot, forward.

Ushiro-ate - No violence is needed: move your center

Kote-gaeshi - uke should end up pretty much on his original line of attack.

Ushiro-kubi-gatame - off hand must participate in making a beach ball out of uke, otherwise the choke does not sneak up on uke.

Aftermath: General soreness in the knees. I have no idea why.

We ran the session for about 2.5 hours, about 45 minutes longer than normal.

0 comments: