8.03.2009

Aikido Friday Night - 7/31/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Tom and Sal.

Ukemi: I watched Sal during his warm-ups. He's not getting any propulsion from me to get over, I just watch and comment now

The Walk: Twice, as usual.

Releases: Trey and I worked on releases. Rusty was I.

Techniques:

Trey and I went through 1-17 of Ju Nana Hon Kata. His demonstration for Ikkyu is planned for the weekend of August 21, so we're trying to get him ready. It was a good run through. Techniques that proved troublesome were: Aigamae-ate (his current problem technique) and Mae-otoshi. We still haven't generated air falls on Hiki-otoshi and I'm leery of taking left-side air falls at the moment because of my hip, so we've not done a full-on demonstration level practice yet.

After that we went through some of the groundwork stuff we covered at the seminar. Fun stuff

Aftermath: The hip joint is affecting just about everything I do. It limits the amount of techniques I even attempt. It has improved, but it's not healed yet.

0 comments: