5.26.2006

Wednesday Night at the Dojo 5/24

Attendees: Tim, Keith, Stanley and Lanita (sp? [I'm closer]).

Ukemi: did fairly well on both sides. Folks are seeing improvement. the key thing is keeping my lead knee flexed.

The Walk: Went well. Having trouble remembering the 10th stone. Sensei Ray worked with me after class on some parts of the walk.

Releases: With Keith. Did ok, there are always teaching points, though. :)

Off-balance work: Taking cue from the seminar, we worked on the releases, but taking uke in a different direction than usual to greater different off-balances. Worked with Stanley on this. He caught on quicker than I did, but it went ok.

Techniques: While working on the off-balances, Stanley pointed out that I'm not moving my center before moving my foot. Making that change, Shomen-ate and Gyakugamae-ate were quite effective the one time each I attempted them on Stanley. Cool.

Hand Randori: Worked with Stanley on this. I think I'm improving, but he seemed to be struggling a little. Fun stuff.

Aftermath: Left shoulder is a little off, probably from woodworking and volleyball. Got a bit of an aerobic activity this time.

tag :

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for words that i have no clue what they mean let alone how to pronounce them!
yay for volleyball!