5.12.2006

Monday Night at the Dojo 5/8

Attendees: Sensei Randy, Stanley, Keith and Sheila.

Ukemi: did ok. Worked from a standstill to eliminate a bounce I seem to have from my calf muscle. Working on bending from hip instead of waist.

The Walk: Went okay. Sheila joined in. I worked with Sheila some while Keith and Stanley were working through techniques. Sensei Ray corrected me on one of the stones of the walk. Sheila had it more correct than I did.

Releases: 1 through 8 with Keith. Spent time working on falling instead of stepping.

Techniques: ran through the first 5 with Keith. Was uke for Keith and Stanley for ushiro-ate. Sensei Ray had a suggestion for them to deal with my height: don't try to take me down from my shoulders, take me down from my waist. Works a treat for shorter folks.

Aftermath: None, really.

tag :

0 comments: