5.16.2006

Monday Night at the Dojo 5/15

Attendees: Sensei Randy, Stanley, Keith and Sheila.

Ukemi: did ok. Worked from a standstill to eliminate a bounce I seem to have from my calf muscle. Working on bending from hip instead of waist. Did an assisted (Sensei Randy led my arm out, causing me to roll out) fall on each side and they went beautifully! I almost left the mat right then to leave on a good note since my motto of "Good Ukemi, Good Walk, Good Techniques, choose one" was likely to come into play.

The Walk: Went okay.

Releases: 1 through 8 with Keith.

Techniques: ran through the first 5 with Keith and later with Stanley. It was not a terribly great night for techniques. I have trouble with Stanley for some reason. He worked with me on Gaiden-ate (#4) for a while. He had some good insights, but I was not able to incorporate them successfully.

Aftermath: None, really. It looks like the seminar for this weekend is not going to happen. No out-of-towners have responded, so Sensei's not going to hold it. They have until Wednesday to respond. The final decision will be made then. I got home and had to do some woodworking for Sea Sports Scuba, so I was up a while. Then we watched the season finale of Veronica Mars that my computer failed to record last week, but the VCR managed to record on Sunday.

tag(s) : ::

0 comments: