2.09.2018

Aikido Thursday Night - 2/8/18 - Wasabi Dojo

Aikido players:

John and Adam.

Ukemi:

Not tonight.

The Walk:

Not tonight.

Releases:

Not tonight.

Techniques:

I worked on the next portion of Koryu Dai Yon No Kata.  #s 15-20.


The techniques:

Migi-gyaku-gamae-ate
Hidari-gyaku-gamae-ate
Uchi-kaiten-nage
Sukui-naga
Ushiro-waza-kote-gaeshi
Jyugi-garami-nage
Tentai-oshi-taoshi
Tentai-hiji-garami
Tentai-sukui-nage
Ryote-mochi-uki-otoshi
Tenkai-kote-kugiki

So, these 11 finish off Koryu Dai Yon.  Still have lots of reps working with these and exploring them before I'm anywhere near where I want to be.

The last one was funky for both me and Adam.  We're used to the normal kote-kugiki.  The change in the hand position by tori throws off uke's thought process and willingness to take the fall.  As tori, it has me feeling like my hand is too far outside of my shoulder to want to throw this technique.  I'm sure this will be overcome at some point.


Commentary:

None of note.

0 comments: