4.21.2013

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 4/20/13

Aikido players: Tim, Troy, Dan the Elder, Marvin, Mario, and Ramon

Ukemi:

Got a full set in.  It went well.  Then watched over Mario.  Marvin did some great air falls today.

The Walk:

Twice as usual and then I worked with Ramon on it for a while.  We managed to make it through the walk with the hand motions.  We'll see how much he remembers the next time he shows up.

Releases:

I workd with Ramon on the releases.  We made it through the third release.

Techniques:

We ended the regular session.  Troy, Dan, Marvin and I stuck around for some additional work.

We need to work on Dan's attacks as an uke, his committed and continuous attack.

Troy did a bunch of work.  We had him run through all 17 of Ju Nana Hon Kata.  A good portion of that with Dan as his ukse, occasionally with Marvin as his uke, and most of it with me as uke.  So, he'd do a couple of reps with Dan on one technique, then I'd jump in.  We'd occasionally have Marvin jump in.  then Dan had to leave, so I took over as the main uke.

After working Troy over, it was my turn to work through the defensive Jo kata.  A good refresher and I did not do too badly.

Aftermath:

The session was a little over 3.5 hours.  Definitely an ibuprofen night.  Ow, I'm sore.

0 comments: