5.08.2012

Blueberry muffin recipe

After having lost the paper copy of the blueberry muffin recipe I've been using the past few years, I went searching for it again. It took a couple of days and a wide variety of search terms, but I found it. It wasn't on the same site as I first found it, but it's almost a twin to what I remember of the recipe.

Here's the recipe I found:

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 beaten large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon grated orange peel optional
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen(not thawed)

Here's the recipe as I remember it:

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
*1 teaspoon baking soda*
1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 beaten large egg *
3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup oil *
1 tablespoon grated orange peel optional
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen(not thawed)

So, the difference between mine and the one I found:

Mine has a teaspoon of soda which the new one does not
Mine has 1 egg, the new one has two
Mine used oil, the new one calls for melted butter. I'm pretty sure my original called for either one, but I've been using oil as it's easier.

Cooking directions:

Bake muffins in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35 minutes or until golden and centers test done (with toothpick). Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from tins and set on wire rack to cool completely.

So, this weekend, I'll try it with butter instead of my usual Canola oil and see if that gets the muffins to their normal color. The issue has been that the muffins *look* a little oilier over the past few weeks than they had previously.

0 comments: