5.14.2012

Blonde Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: a recipe experiment

I've been trying to find a recipe similar to the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that Fuddrucker's used to have in the early 90's (I think). They were nice and tasty, very blonde, and not very greasy. I've not had any luck replicating them. All of my attempts end up with very thin, very dark cookies.

I found this recipe at Lady Bean and hoped it would result in the cookie I've been searching for. The pictures on the blog certainly look like what I want.

But, they weren't what I got.

Preheat the oven to 350º

1/2 Cup of softened butter
1/2 Cup of brown sugar
1/4 Cup of white sugar

Mix

1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.

Mix

3/4 Cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix

1-1/2 Cups of oats (quick or old-fashioned oats)
1/2 Cup of raisins.

Mix

Stir until combined.

Drop a tablespoon of batter onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Planned alterations to attempt to get my desired result:

1. Add 1/4 C of flour.
2. Switch out half of the butter for shortening.
3. Freeze the scooped dough before cooking
4. Increase the granulated sugar to brown sugar ratio

0 comments: