2.22.2010

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 02/20/10

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Brad, Sal, and Troy.

Ukemi: Full warm-up, no big falls. Watched over Brad, Sal and Troy.

The Walk: Three times.  We did one more than usual because I went off into the weeds on the second iteration.  All of the lower belts were following me and I was not follow-worthy.  I think I probably did the fourth stone of the walk 3 or 4 times.  On the third time through I was ok, but Trey had a little hiccup.  Weird and embarrassing for us all.

Releases: Worked with Troy on right and left 1 & 2.

Techniques:

It was my turn under the spotlight.  The tentative plan was the 16 techniques of Koryu Dai San No Kata and then the 10 of Owaza Ju Pon.  We did not make it to Owaza, but we did make it through Koryu Dai San.  Not without prompting, though.  I still don't have the techniques locked in my memory in the proper order.

Kneeling

1. Oshi Taoshi - This was ok
2. Gyakugamae Ate - Ok
3. Kote Gaeshi - A couple of attempts.  I tend to keep my hands too high.
4. Ryote Mochi Sukui Nage - Still not great
5. Tentai Kote Hineri - Lots of work on the wrist tweak
6. Shiho Nage - Got it on the first try!
7. Gedan Ate - Got it on the first try!
8. Hiji Kime - Lots of work on hand positioning

Standing

1. Kote Mawashi - ok.
2. Uchi Tenkai Nage - ok
3. Gyakugamae Ate - ok
4. Kote Kajiki - ok
5. Mae Otoshi - still not rotating enough
6. Ushiro Waza Mae Otoshi  - still not rotating enough
7. Ushiro Waza Tentai Kote Hineri - This one frustrates me.  Getting grabbed from behind and intercepting uke's hand is tough for me.
8. Mune Tori Kata Gatame - ok 

Aftermath: We had one potential new student watching today.  He speaks mostly Spanish, so that could be a bit of a challenge for us.

0 comments: