9.21.2009

Aikido Saturday Afternoon - 9/19/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Brad, Tom, and Sal.

Ukemi: I did a little warm-up of my own and watched over Sal.

The Walk: None.

Releases: Sensei had Trey and I get our Releases in and then move straight on to Owaza Ju Pon.

Techniques:

Trey and I worked on Owaza Ju Pon in the teim we had before Trey went off to the Aggie football game.

Aikinage, Kata Otoshi, Shihonage, Ushiro Kubi Gatama and the off-balances for the Gurumas.

We spent most of Trey's time on Kata Otoshi. It's an interesting technique on uke's side of things. I noticed that when Trey nailed the timing, I'd just find myself taking the rollout and not really thinking about getting out of it. If the timing was off, and most of the time it was early, I would sort of stumble out of the technique. Occasionally, when he was early, I would notice my foot compensating for the technique he was trying to apply: it would move off-lie to catch my balance.

We also worked on aikinage for him, and he is catching on quite well.

For me, we worked in a few reps of Shihonage, Aikinage, Ushiro Kubi Gatame, and Ushiro Ate. they went far better than either of us expected.

Trey disappeared and I then served as uke for the other guys on Aigamae-ate, Gyaku Gamae Ate and Gedan ate. We got some good work in, and I made progress on my next 10,000 falls.

Aftermath: The hip joint issue is still in play. Nothing affected the right elbow or right middle finger tonight.

0 comments: