9.08.2009

Aikido Friday Night - 9/4/09

Aikidokas: Tim, Trey, Tom and Sal.

Ukemi: I watched Sal during his warm-ups and did a little warm-up of my own

The Walk: Twice, as usual.

I worked with Sal on his releases for most of the evening.

At the end of the session, Sensei had Trey and I attempt to execute iriminage on Tom and Sal. It was quite a change from working with Trey. I could feel a huge difference, mainly in their reactions. Trey did a better job figuring out what the difference was, I think.

I also attempted a left-sided iriminage on Trey once or twice. My footwork was confused, so it did not go well.

Aftermath: The hip joint issue is still in play. I think I've finally figured out how to fold my hakama properly. I've started a tradition of wearing it on Friday nights and finally managed what I thought was a good fold. This week it also helped a slightly sore back as it provides more back support than a gi does.

0 comments: